Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mommy stayed out too late last night Stir Fry (gfcf! or not!)


A few weekends ago i got to enjoy a ladies night out,
We drank too much, laughed a lot and stayed up way too late.
I had a blast!

The next day......not so much of a blast.

I was riding on about 2 1/2 hours of sleep and by the time i needed to start making dinner i had already used up my 2nd wind...3rd wind...4th wind.....you get the picture.

I needed to make something simple, and something that i could make utilizing what i had already in my fridge and pantry. Oh, and it needed to be gluten and dairy free of course, so the kiddos could nosh.

I had some chicken breasts that needed to be used. That along with fresh veggies, and some gluten free noodles, I managed to piece together a yummy stir fry.
After reading the label on the back of a packet of stir fry seasoning that i had in the pantry, I decided to season it myself.  (ingredients contained wheat, milk, soy , gluten and a list of other chemical craziness and non-food bad stuff)

I cooked my chicken separate from the veggies so as to get a proper saute on both and then mixed everything together with the cooked noodles.

1 package chicken breasts cut up into chunks
1/2 large onion diced
a couple cloves of garlic finely diced or smashed
salt
pepper
olive oil

1 large bunch of broccoli, cleaned and cut
a couple of carrots, sliced into thin little sticks
one large zucchini, chopped
More onion, about a 1/4 cup chopped.

1 box gluten/dairy and soy free noodles

Heat oil in a large pan. Cook up your chicken, 1/2 onion chopped and garlic making sure to season with salt and pepper to your liking until chicken is coked through and everything is nice and golden.

While the chicken is going, go ahead and saute your veggies and season to taste.

Boil your noodles to al dente.

When everything is done, combine in a big bowl and toss well.
Taste to make sure it doesnt need more salt, etc.

Pair with a side! I had a bunch of asparagus that i needed to use so i drizzled a little olive oil, sprinkled a little bit of kosher salt and some diced up garlic (one or two cloves, to your taste) threw it in the oven at about 375 degrees and roasted them up in about 10/15 minutes or so. Made a perfect side! I love asparagus and could totally have eaten the whole thing all by myself.

Daisy approved  :)

It was easy and delicious!
Plus I used up a bunch of stuff i had in the fridge that might have gotten thrown away anyways. Waste not! :)

Nom,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment